[mrtg] Multiple router configuration question

Mark D. Valpreda mark at insynclh.com
Wed Sep 10 19:06:18 MEST 2003

I have 3 routers I want to monitor. I can create 3 config files that
work perfectly. Once I try and merge them together, mrtg will not start.
So I just let cfgmaker merge them for me with these commands:

./cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /www/mrtg' --global 'Options[_]:
bits,growright' public at 10.1.1.1 > test.cfg

./cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /www/mrtg' --global 'Options[_]:
bits,growright' public at 10.1.2.1 >> test.cfg

./cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /www/mrtg' --global 'Options[_]:
bits,growright' public at 10.1.3.1 >> test.cfg

That did not work either. So I removed some of the duplicate initial
stuff at the top of the config files. Still no luck. Am I missing
something? I have also been trying to find a way to test the config file
to see what/where mrtg is unhappy.

Thanks for any help you can give me.