[mrtg] MRTG and IPv6 tunnel interfaces

Andreas.Schmid1 at swisscom.com Andreas.Schmid1 at swisscom.com
Thu Sep 11 10:13:52 MEST 2003

Hi
We are monitoring different Cisco router that have IPv6 tunnel
interfaces configured. However, we notice that the statistics do not
seem to be right. The statistics seem to have a magnitude problem (when
downloading at over 100kbps we just see about 10kbps in the MRTG
reports).

One of the routers has native IPv6 interfaces. The statistics for this
interface is right.

Anybody observed something similar and knows what to do?

We use MRTG versions 2.8.9, 2.9.17 and 2.9.29 (with the same problem for
all MRTG versions).

Regards
Andreas