[mrtg] Re: Integer vs. Bytes

Tim Sheets TSheets at illinois.net
Sat Sep 13 00:55:08 MEST 2003

That brings up an interesting question (in my mind anyway).

What affect does using (or not using) 'Options: bits' have on things
such as ifInErrors?

If the numbers collected are presented in Bytes by default, and using
the option 'bits' scales and presents them in (bytes * 8), wouldn't the
same thing be true for other OID's?

In other words, should one use 'Options: bits' when collecting errors
and such?

I use 'Options: bits' as a standard, so never really thought about it.

Thoughts?????  Am I missing something here?

Tim