[mrtg] Port Numbers

Frimpong, Jacob JFrimpong at naacpnet.org
Wed Sep 17 20:18:27 MEST 2003

Hello:

I am using mrtg-2.9.29 to monitor traffic patterns on a 24-port switch. I
would like to be able to configure it so that it tells me the port number
that corresponds to each graph. Right now, the header of my graphs look
like:

System: xxxxxxxxx
Maintainer: xxxxxxxxxxxx
ifType: ethernetCsmacd (6)
ifName: blank
Max Speed: 1000.0 Mbits/s
It is hard to tell which port is being represented by a graph. Also, how do
I upgrade to a newer version of the software without loosing an images?
Thank you for your help.

Jacob A. Frimpong

This message is for use of the intended recipient only. It may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, future distribution, or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please advise us by return email, or if you have received this
communication by fax, advise us by telephone and delete/destroy the document