[mrtg] MRTG and DNETC stats

Roger roger at efn.org
Sat Sep 20 17:58:58 MEST 2003

I've checked the web and faq to no avail.  In experimenting with
gathering data from an external source, I'd like to count the number
of packets completed by my distributed.net client.
I have a python script that parses the log file and returns the total
number of packets completed.  I'm able to get a chart that shows the
running total of packets completed.
What I'd like to see is a chart that shows when the packets were completed;
instead, all I'm getting is a flat line.   The log file for this chart shows
the current reading correctly, the rest of the file show all zeroes where the
data should be.  I've tried combinations that include 'absolute' and some that
don't.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Roger
roger at efn.org