[mrtg] error convert MRTG log to RRD

ling zhang lzhang at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 25 01:04:00 MEST 2003

Hi, there,
I am trying to convert our old MRTG log file to the RRD data format
(on win2k platform).

But when I let MRTG to convert that by itself, I only got a few big
spikes (even negative) on the graph.

When I use the log2rrd script, the result graph looked ok except
the "outbound traffic peak" seemed like all shifted to the right,
just like the graph showed below:

right_peak.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%
3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/mrtg/lst%3f%26.dir=/%26.src=gr%
26.view=t

Does anyone know what is going on?

btw, I am running mrtg 2.9.27, the old mrtg log file was generated by
mrtg 2.9.12. I am using RRDtool version 1.0.40(perl 58). All on win2k platform.

Thanks.

Calvin