[mrtg] Re: Not able to monitor Memory utilization after BIOS Upgr ade for COMPAQ

"Lotierzo, Leandro (Administración del Centro de Cómputos)" LLotierzo at lanacion.com.ar
Mon Sep 29 14:08:07 MEST 2003

The only way that I've founded is to change my cfgs from SNMP to perfmon +
getlog to show "Memory Usage". This happens after applying the CPQ Support
Pack 6.2, releases prior to this works fine with STD CPQ Oids, now I'm
waiting for the new "HP" Proliant Oids to try it.

Cheers.

SysAdmin at LN

-----Original Message-----
From: N. Shivakumar [mailto:nshivakumar at hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 10:55 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Not able to monitor Memory utilization after BIOS Upgrade
for COMPAQ

Hi All,

I was able to monitor the memory utilization for COMPAQ servers using the
MRTG. I have used the following OIDs of Compaq

OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.13.1.0 - Total amount of physical memory as seen by

the OS( in megabytes)
OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.13.2.0 - Total amount of free physical memory( in
megabytes)

But after installing the latest software upgrade pack for Compaq base &
remote server, I am not able to monitor the memory utilization. The value
shown for memory utilization is "Zero" after the installation.

Please let us know what has to be done so that I will be able to monitor the

memory utilization once again.

Thanks in advance

Shiva