[mrtg] really need to ./configure if using rrdtool?

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Sep 30 00:13:42 MEST 2003

I'm putting up MRTG 2.10.5 on a Mandrake 9.2 (rc2) box, and the silly
thing won't compile - even with libgd2-devel loaded.
But, I've often wondered why I need to compile rateup to get mrtg
installed, as I will be using rrdtool as my backend, and haven't run a
copy of rateup that I have so laboriously compiled in the past 4 years
or so.

Is there an installation scenario where you can completely ignore rateup
and still get everything put in the right directories?
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE 2495, CNX
Austin Energy