[mrtg] Re: RRD Config

Jeff Cook Jeff.Cook at wecu.com
Fri Apr 2 02:07:35 MEST 2004

Well I don't use cfgmaker. I have a custom script that reads the monitored
items from the database and it rights the config based from that info.  It
works great if you know how to write the MRTG file yourself.  I have done
well so far but got stumped very fast when it came to RRD.  Can you send a
sample of what these lines look like in the MRTG file?  And are these per
target options or global?  I've seen a lot of RRD docs and a lot of MRTG
docs, but I haven't found a good source for RRD as it applies to MRTG.

Thank You

Jeff Cook
Network Administrator
Whatcom Educational Credit Union