[mrtg] Re: Newbie question

piero at news.fb.se piero at news.fb.se
Tue Apr 6 10:44:20 MEST 2004

Answers from a 2 month user:

1. Yes, MRTG uses snmp to monitor a device. It has to be on or
supported. Its configuration varies from type of device.

2. MRTG works great by its own. If you want to get more advanced graphs
RRDTOOL is for you. Start your monitoring like me, im currently using
mrtg only, planning to try rrdtool when i have more time..

:D

Right?