[mrtg] MRTG stuck in loop after upgrade

David J. Duffner - NWCWEB.com webalizer at nwcweb.com
Sat Apr 10 17:33:10 MEST 2004

Greetings,

	Got a strange situation I haven't been able to
pin down.  I'm using Ensim Pro, went from version 3.5
with RH 7.3 to the new 3.7.1 with RH 9 Fedora Core.

	That upgrade went reasonably well, but apparently
the new OS upgrade has MRTG installed with a newer version
that I was running previously.  I'd daemonized the previous
version and it's out of the cron, I can find all the configs
and there's no entries in crontab to fire MRTG.

	My problem is that it seems to be running two copies
of MRTG, thus every 5 minutes I get panic e-mail from MRTG
stating it quits as apparently another copy is running.  I
rebooted the server to hopefully kill the previous version
and allow just the one to run, but it's still going on.

	What am I missing?  Somewhere I have MRTG config'ed
to fire twice and it's confusing the box rather well.  I've
researched all I can on the Ensim resources to see where the
new version my be called, but can't for the life of me find
any references to kill.

	Are there commands I've missed to kill the first process
and/or what should I be looking for to determine where the
second is called from?

	Any help appreciated!

      David J. Duffner
      VP Operations
      NWC Corporation
      NWCWEB.com

NWCWEB.com - Your Design & Hosting Solution!
Featuring Ensim Pro/Linux Servers, Hosted
Accounts, Web Design and e-Commerce services
NWC Corporation - Global e-Pay Solutions