[mrtg] Re: Once upon a time - A story of --descint

Arun Kumar arun.kumar at estelcom.com
Mon Apr 12 17:05:54 MEST 2004

From: Nejaa Halcyon=0D
Date: 04/12/04 18:05:17=0D
To: MRTG List=0D
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Once upon a time - A story of --descint=0D
 =0D
This may sound abit cynical, but you could manually edit mrtg.cfg to add=0D
the detailed description...=0D
 =0D
<TR><TD>Description:</TD><TD>Serial2/2, this is quite a lovely interface,=
=0D
don't you think?</TD></TR>=0D
 =0D
Just my smart-ass two cents worth, sorry.=0D
 =0D
-Nejaa=0D
 =0D
On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:22:40 -0400, Albert Whale=0D
<aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com> wrote:=0D
 =0D
> Back in the day (this is annoying phrase that my recent Teenager has=0D
> found particularly obnoxious), there was a version called 2.9.22=0D
>=0D
> In this version, I was able to use the Command options --ifref=3Ddesc=0D
> --descint=0D
>=0D
> which was able to pull up an interesting phrase from the Router, such a=
s:=0D
>=0D
>    <TR><TD>Description:</TD><TD>Serial2/2.1 WAN sub-Interface 2/2.1:=0D
> CRIS Frame Relay connection to AIS </TD></TR>=0D
>=0D
> However, as with all GOOD Things, times change.  Now with version=0D
> 2.10.13 I have the command line option:   --ifref=3Ddesc  (notice that =
the=0D
> --descint is missing as this functionality is also - missing).=0D
>=0D
>    <TR><TD>Description:</TD><TD>Serial2/2  </TD></TR>=0D
>=0D
> I would like to know how I can gain more 'Meaningful' Descriptions from=
=0D
> the Router for MRTG (aka. how can I duplicate functionality of days of=0D
> old??).=0D
>=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
--=0D
"Hackers and academics have uncovered one Windows security hole after=0D
another, turning Microsoft into a frantic little Dutch boy at the dike=0D
without enough fingers."=0D
-- David Pogue, The New York Times=0D
 =0D
--=0D