[mrtg] Re: Dual T1's

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at CATO.GD-AIS.COM
Wed Apr 14 21:54:49 MEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Joe Paragona wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your input. . . .I did originally run cfgmaker when the
> 2nd line was installed,
> but I will rerun cfgmaker on that router, just to play it safe.
>
> But I guess what I am really looking for is a combined view, like Tim had
> mentioned.
>
> What would be the best way to go about "advanced" config file tweaking?

Each T1 will have its own interface.  You can combine the data by using
the Target line generated by configmkr or one that you manually created.

 Target[ISP_Se0_0]: #Se0/0:mrtg at ISP.DOT.COM + #Se0/1:mrtg at ISP.DOT.COM
 MaxBytes[ISP_Se0_0]: 384000

The above Target example adds the data collected from both interfaces
together.  The MaxBytes entry sets the appropriate bandwidth.

Merton Campbell Crockett

BEGIN:				vcard
VERSION:			3.0
FN:				Merton Campbell Crockett
ORG:				General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems;
				Intelligence and Exploitation Systems
N:				Crockett;Merton;Campbell
EMAIL;TYPE=internet:		mcc at CATO.GD-AIS.COM
TEL;TYPE=work,voice,msg,pref:	+1(805)497-5045
TEL;TYPE=work,fax:		+1(805)497-5050
TEL;TYPE=cell,voice,msg:	+1(805)377-6762
END:				vcard