[mrtg] locking the graph's scale

Nejaa Halcyon nejaa at racc2000.com
Fri Apr 16 20:03:26 MEST 2004

Greetings,

Here's a graph scale question:
I'm monitoring my server room's switch and would like to lock the scale of
the MRTG graph to the bandwidth of my upstream (2 T1s). That way, when the
bandwidth spikes up with a LAN transfer the bandwidth spikes off the graph
with the graph maximum still at 3 megabit.

I've got MaxBytes set to 3 megabit so I get the cool red line and the
percentages are based on 3 meg.
I've got AbsMax set to 100 megabit so that mrtg takes the spikes a valid
data.
The only link I'm missing is locking the graph scale.

Is this possible? Any ideas on how?

I found this in the archives:

http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg20507.html

It talks about a perl script called '95th Percentile.' The idea sounds
cool, but that's not what I'm looking for in this implementation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nejaa

--
"Hackers and academics have uncovered one Windows security hole after
another, turning Microsoft into a frantic little Dutch boy at the dike