[mrtg] Re: Redhat 9 and mrtg-ping-probe

Adam Dale adale at accessproviders.com.au
Wed Aug 4 05:41:56 MEST 2004

This is really odd,

Im using redhat 9
with the latest rrdTool 1.0.48
and the latest ping probe 2.0.1

The output of my ping probe is two numbers. e.g.

50
50

(For 50% loss)

How ever this is graphed as only one green line
instead of a green and blue line. But when I change
the ping probe to a getproc.pl with an Identical output
(e.g. two integers) the graph is the way I want it with
one green area and a blue line.

Here are the two cfg lines that run the target scripts.

Target[Coburg.BSU.Miss]: `perl /etc/mrtg/mrtg-ping-probe -t 42 -p loss/loss
10.3.6.150` (When entered graph looks different)
Target[Coburg.BSU.Miss]: `perl /etc/mrtg/getproc.pl 10.3.1.10 4 (When
entered graph is the way I want it)

As the old guy says : Why is this so??

Cheers,