[mrtg] cfgmaker and VRRP/HSRP?

Mordechai T. Abzug morty at frakir.org
Fri Aug 20 09:18:26 MEST 2004

Is there any way to get MRTG's cfgmaker to skip VRRP and/or HSRP
interfaces?  We tend to set up VRRP/HSRP with a "real" IP for each
device and an extra IP held by the current "live" device.  When I run
cfgmaker with --ifref=ip, often, the "virtual" IP is picked on the
currently live device instead of the real one, and the real one is
skipped because of the underlying interface instance is the same.
This means that in the event of a failover, the config is wrong.  I've
been fixing the config manually; is there a better way?

Thanks!

- Morty