[mrtg] Re: More granular look at traffic transversing WAN link ques tion

Sanjay Saxena - Visibility Products sanjays at hclcomnet.co.in
Fri Aug 20 11:19:38 MEST 2004

Hi ALL,

Actually Netflow will give a wealth of information and if it is stored in
database then relationship between application and its user can also be
established.
The only problem with netflow data is the volume . There is another way of
knowing application distribution over a wan link by enabling NBAR , this is
also cisco protocol and gives TOP-n application view of the link. Benefit is
it can be polled through snmp .

Sanjay