[mrtg] Re: Automating/Config Cfgmaker

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Aug 24 12:56:16 MEST 2004

Have you tried AutoMRTG?  It's on the Sourceforge site.  One of the guys
that works with me wrote it and seems to work very well.

Paul

>>> "Adam Dale" <adale at accessproviders.com.au> 08/23/04 10:52 PM >>>
Hello, everyone!
Im in the initial stages of planning an automated
update of my mrtg every night with a script designed to
run cfg maker via crontab with all of my command line params.

There are a few things I need to get cfgmaker to do first. At the
moment when I run cfgmaker on my Cisco switches
and routers I run it with the following command lines.

cfgmaker *ifref=name *ifdesc=alias public at X.X.X.X
mailto:public at X.X.X.X>  --output=/*..

The main problem at the moment is that the descriptions on the interfaces
and
sub interfaces are not being entered into the "MRTG_INT_DESCR" correctly.

My suspicion is that the description of the cisco interface is being sent as

example: "Fast Ethernet 0/1.1 Subinterface <SPACE> description"

And where this space occurs it deletes the rest of the description.
Is there an easy alternative to this problem??

Cheers,

- Adam Dale