[mrtg] Re: SNMP and Cisco ... Oh the Fun a newbie can have.

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Tue Aug 31 15:25:34 MEST 2004

mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch wrote:
> The reason you don't see much information is because once the path
> is established, the bytes passed are not reported to snmp (I think).

Paul is right about this, IF you are using MLS. Since you mentioned the
'router side', we'll assume that you are.
However, you'll also want to read the MRTG Configuration Reference docs
at http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-reference.html.
In the 'Per Target Configuration' section there is some information
about using SNMPv2c. You'll want to make sure that you use this on GB
interfaces, otherwise your counters may wrap and show incorrect data.

HTH
-g