[mrtg] Console Windows Popping Up

Plesha, Thomas CECOM-SEC-IFS/Ilex thomas.plesha at us.army.mil
Tue Aug 31 18:29:33 MEST 2004

I am running Active Perl version 5.8.4 on a fully patched Windows XP SP1
system with MRTG 2.10.15.  MRTG runs as expected except Console windows keep
popping up every five minute when MRTG run.  I start things with the
following shortcut in my startup folder:

C:\Perl\bin\wperl.exe mrtg --logging=eventlog.txt both.cfg

The working directory is set to D:\progra~1\mrtg-2.10.15\bin

The config file "both.cfg" as been modified with :

RunAsDaemon: yes
WorkDir: d:\Progra~1\mrtg-2.10.15

C:\Perl\bin is in my path.

Those popup windows are driving me nuts.  TIA.

--
Tom Plesha
IT Network Resources Task Manager, AZ Operations
thomas.plesha at us.army.mil