[mrtg] Re: sent thousands packets every 5 min

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Dec 2 17:44:17 MET 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 08:32:53AM -0800, XiaoHui Xu wrote:

> > I asked for the config file, not for the command
> > that created it.
> >

> The is a large config file.  I only post part to show
> the configuration. See below.  There is a total 70+
> targets.  The problem is that my server is sending

I also wrote: if the file is larger than a couple of hundred
bytes: don't bother.

MRTG will query each target, so each time it will send out
at least 70 packets (probably more).  It cannot be true that
there should only be a couple of packets each 5 minutes.

As for querying your targets:
As seen in one of your previous posts, this fails.  The device
cannot give the information MRTG asks for.

You really need to start debugging.  Start with the information
from my previous post.

HTH
Alex