[mrtg] Fixed graph units possible?

John Horne John.Horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed Dec 1 11:09:33 MET 2004

Hello,

I have set up MRTG to monitor some 100 Mbps interfaces for my manager
with no problem. The graphs are unscaled in order that he can easily see
if maximum bandwidth is being reached at all. However, he has also asked
if the values for the 'In', 'Out', etc can be of a fixed unit. At
present some graphs show them as 'b/s', or 'kb/s' etc. He wants them all
in 'Mb/s'. I know that a very low value may well be shown as 0 due to
the precision being lost - i.e. '0.001Mb/s' may well be shown as
'0.0Mb/s'.

Is this possible at all? I can see no option or combination of options
which would enable it. If it cannot currently be done could it be added
to a 'Wish list' please?

Thanks,

John.