[mrtg] Re: ???read the rrd database file?????

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Dec 7 12:54:46 MET 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 03:42:51AM -0800, welly limston wrote:

[do not post long lines]

> There is anyone out there know how to read the content of the database
> which we get from ?rrdtool dump? command. I am especially confuse abou
> t how to read the value of each variable (such as: 123456700.000e+001)
>  and how to convert it to the usual number format. And what is NaN (no
> t a Number) means in this file? (any body knows?)

The numbers are quite useful.

10.0012034e+60 is more readable than
1000120340000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I hope I got the amount of zeros right :)

If you don't know what this is, google for exponential number
notation or scientific notation.

And yes, NaN means "not a number".  I would be very surprised
if the manuals don't talk about unknown data, unknowns, NaN.

> I have been read almost all of the RRD tutorial and manual but there i
> s no information which explain that in details. I wanna convert the co
> ntent so that I can use it in php function. If there is anybody try th
> is one, please point me how to get the more detail information about i
> t. I am very frustrated cause there is no guideline for me know.

For questions on php please see the php manual, any php tutorial
and the php website.

Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim