[mrtg] No webupdate monitoring W2K server with perfmon counter

Rémi Rousseaud r.rousseaud at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 8 13:59:28 MET 2004

Hello,
I'm using MRTG to monitor network traffic without any problem.
Now I'd like to use it monitor Windows 2000 Servers using performance counter log files.
I have followed the instructions at http://www.castellan.net/mrtg.html, using getlog.pl to extract data of a "memory available" counter.
getlog.pl is working fine, the MRTG .log file (round robin database) is well populated with appropriate values BUT I get the following error :

ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible.

And no png file is generated.

Below is the begining of the RRD file (LM2M-1.log) :
1102509542 0 1236
1102509542 0 1236 0 1236
1102509241 0 0 0 0
1102509000 0 991 0 1229
1102508700 0 1195 0 1229
1102508400 0 1205 0 1210
1102508100 0 1207 0 1210
1102507800 0 1214 0 1216
1102507500 0 1227 0 1230
1102507200 0 1225 0 1230
1102506900 0 1161 0 1224
1102506600 0 1062 0 1148
And here is the config file form MRTG :

Workdir: d:\mrtgdata
Title[LM2M-1]:TEST
Pagetop[LM2M-1]: <H1>TEST</H1>
MaxBytes[LM2M-1]: 4096
Options[LM2M-1]: gauge, nopercent,growright
Target[LM2M-1]: `perl C:\syschu\mrtg-2.9.29\bin\getlog.pl \\lm2m\perflogs\MRTG_LM2M.csv "\\LM2M\Mémoire\Méga-octets disponibles"`
YLegend[LM2M-1]: " "
ShortLegend[LM2M-1]:
LegendO[LM2M-1]:
LegendI[LM2M-1]:
Legend2[LM2M-1]:
Legend1[LM2M-1]:

I can't figure out why no graph file is generated since values are OK in RDD ?
Did I miss something ? Any help would be appreciated - Thanx

Remi.