[mrtg] graphing clamd (antivirus) activity..

Jason jason at monsterjam.org
Sun Dec 12 20:13:56 MET 2004

I see lots of people doing it and I tried using qmail-mrtg, but the clad log scanning doesnt work for me for whatever reason.
So I decided to do my own script, which kinda works, but not completely..
Heres the relevant stuff..

/usr/local/bin/mrtg /usr/local/etc/mrtg/newbie.cfg
and in /usr/local/etc/mrtg/newbie.cfg
is
Title[clamd]: clamd - FQDN
MaxBytes[clamd]: 10000
AbsMax[clamd]: 100000
Options[clamd]: gauge
Target[clamd]: `/usr/local/etc/mrtg/clam_av.sh`
PageTop[clamd]: <B>FQDN ClamAV</B><br>
ShortLegend[clamd]: Msg
YLegend[clamd]: viri/hour
Legend1[clamd]: a&nbsp;
LegendI[clamd]: found&nbsp;
LegendO[clamd]: errors:&nbsp;
WithPeak[clamd]: ymwd
XSize[clamd]: 400
YSize[clamd]: 100

and /usr/local/etc/mrtg/clam_av.sh
has

#!/bin/sh
#grep FOUND /var/log/clamav/clamd.log | cut -d \  -f 2 | sort | uniq -c
VIRCOUNT=`grep -c FOUND  /var/log/clamav/clamd.log`
echo $VIRCOUNT
echo 0
echo `uptime`
echo `hostname`

monsterjam# grep -c FOUND /var/log/clamav/clamd.log
10

but it graph just gives a straight line as in
http://monsterjam.org/mrtg/clamd.html

how do I get it to only look at that "10" for on hour then look for newer data?

regards,
JAson