[mrtg] Re: graphing clamd (antivirus) activity..

Takumi Yamane yamtak at b-session.com
Sun Dec 12 21:38:38 MET 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:13:56 -0500, Jason wrote
in <20041212191356.GA25852 at monsterjam.org>:
> I see lots of people doing it and I tried using qmail-mrtg, but the
> clad log scanning doesnt work for me for whatever reason.

Possible solution for the problem:
* Apply 'stdout' patch to clamav, which enables logging to stdout.
  Note that you have to modify the patch manually so that it won't
  rejected.
  http://www.mail-archive.com/clamav-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg07148/stdout-log.patch
* Start clamd via daemontools rather than usual init script.
  See docs/clamd_supervised/clamd-daemontools-guide.txt

> how do I get it to only look at that "10" for on hour then look for
> newer data?

In theory, you have to add at least 2 functions, first part is to save
'last seen' timestamp of last record of log file, second part is to
skip 'already seen' records which utilize the 'last seen' timestamp
saved by first part.
Or, you can simply skip the records older than (current - 300secs).

Regards,
Takumi Yamane <yamtak at b-session.com>