[mrtg] Re: Using MRTG to graph Cisco SAA Jitter Stats...

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Fri Dec 17 00:50:54 MET 2004

> Winter, R. Stephen
> Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 10:03 PM
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to setup my MRTG to graph the Jitter/RTT/Loss/ect
> stats that
> I get from the SAA feature in my cisco routers.  After walking the
> proper oid's, I noticed that the instance of the OID changes
> everytime I
> restart the SAA job.
your can set the OID while creating a probe via SNMP but it's fuzzy..
Try< smokeping with CiscoRTTMon probes, works very smooth, is easy to
configure and scales great without too much manual work..
I've curently roundabout 50 SAA-probes in smokeping, for making
mrtg-configs you'd need some days..
the probes are created, run and deleted automatically by the probe,
doesn't collide with existing probes configed by CLI.

maybe you need to adjust the probes a bit (jitter?) but it's easier than
starting with mrtg from scratch.
So far I know no "cfgmaker" equivalent for automating this stable (!)
with mrtg (although I remeber there was such a script somewhere)

smokeping also fits better regarding the type of data (multiple RRA's
etc.) and disply stuff..

Michael