[mrtg] help running

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Tue Feb 3 00:35:19 MET 2004

greetings everyone,

I have a netgear WGR614v2 router which doesn't seem to support SNMP, behind
which I have a linux box.  the router is set up to DMZ to the linux box so
the traffic I care about can be monitored at the linux box.

I've installed mrtg from an RPM (I'm running Shriek - RH9) which comes with
a sample config file and a crontab entry.  I've read the man pages for
cfgmaker and indexmaker and have figured out that I need an SNMP deamon
running on the linux box.  I've installed net-snmp and am now running it.

being a newbee at all this I don't know how to configure the snmp server but
it too comes with a sample config file.

when I run indexmaker I get a blank page.  is there a nice little how-to
that could walk me through what I need to get mrtg going?

1000 tia - ekkis