[mrtg] MRTG Not Seeing values

Richard I. Kirkcaldy richard.kirkcaldy at aukerrhodes.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 13:22:20 MET 2004

Hi,
	MRTG isn't seeing some of the values it's supposed to be reading.  An example is at http://www.auker.sytes.net/mrtg/eximstats.html.  The values are there, because when I run the programe being refered to in mrtg.cfg I get the values displayed.

Target[eximstats]: `/root/qpeek.pl`

aukermail:~# ./qpeek.pl
22001
22544
144

But it's not just that one graph.  Others are having the same problem, and the data for them is read from SNMP - which again when done manually gives me results displayed.

The only errors in the log file are

SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.1 ifOutOctets.1 sysUptime sysName on public at 192.168.0.245:
 at /usr/bin/mrtg line 1496
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''

Now I know there's an issue with that device keep losing network connection, I presume the WARNING refers to that loss of connection rather than the other errors I'm getting?

I'm running version version 2.9.17 on Debian, my other graphs (of which most work) can be seen at http://www.auker.sytes.net/mrtg/

--
Richard Kirkcaldy