[mrtg] Re: Monitor of cisco routers

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Feb 5 16:18:47 MET 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 04:46:21PM +0200, Thomas Kotze RAD wrote:

> We have a cisco router behind a cisco pix firewall, and when I run the
> cfgmaker it does not seem to get a response from the router.
>
> I can however get satitsitics on the sam network for another server. So
> mrtg installation and computer seems to be fine.
>
> The ip address for the computer is allowed through the firewall to any
> host on the other port  of the firewall.

SNMP uses UDP port 161.  You are allowing anything to go from the server
to the router, however you probably are not allowing the responses to flow
back to the server.

Use an SNMP query tool and try to get an answer from the router.  Until
this works, no need to even start thinking about MRTG.

Alex
--
begin  sig
http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=alex+van+den+bogaerdt&type=1