[mrtg] Re: MRTG Not Seeing values

Scott Taylor security at 303underground.com
Thu Feb 5 19:45:36 MET 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 05:22, Richard I. Kirkcaldy wrote:
> Hi,
> 	MRTG isn't seeing some of the values it's supposed to be reading.  An example is at http://www.auker.sytes.net/mrtg/eximstats.html.  The values are there, because when I run the programe being refered to in mrtg.cfg I get the values displayed.
>
> Target[eximstats]: `/root/qpeek.pl`
>
> aukermail:~# ./qpeek.pl
> 22001
> 22544
> 144

Is your mrtg process running as root (and therefore having permission to
execute the script in your /root directory? Also, I generally refer to
the full path for every command in scripts I call, as not doing so tends
to give results like what you are seeing here.

--
Scott Taylor - <security at 303underground.com>

Some people need a good imaginary cure for their painful imaginary ailment.