[mrtg] Re: Problem getting drive size and graphing right

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Feb 9 03:49:48 MET 2004

>I don't get the line showing in use, only the one that shows space=
> available on the graph.
>The summary lines show space available and space used (but the
>sizing is wrong)
>That, and the percentage it's showing is apparently the
>difference, not the used space?
I would use Factor[] instead of multiplying and using kMG.

Try:

Target[myserver]:hrStorageUsed.4&hrStorageUsed.4:commstr at myserver
# SNMP reports 4096 byte allocation units
Factor[myserver]: 4096
Pagetop[myserver]: Whatever
Title[myserver]: myserver E drive space
MaxBytes[myserver]: 720000000000
Options[myserver]: gauge noo
YLegend[myserver]:  Space used
ShortLegend[myserver]: B
Legend1[myserver]: HDD Utilization
Legend3[myserver]: Max utilisation
LegendI[myserver]: used:
kilo[myserver]: 1024

In addition, if you are interested I have a program 'cfgmaker-host' that
will generate a .cfg file for a server, based on whatever SNMP OIDs it can
find.  Currently supports host-mib, UCD, solaris and AIX.  It is included in
the latest routers.cgi package from steveshipway.org

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes