[mrtg] Re: Graphs look empty, but are not

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Mon Feb 9 19:01:48 MET 2004

--On Monday, February 09, 2004 4:40 PM +0000 "Johnston Michael J Contr
AFRL/DES" <michael.johnston at kirtland.af.mil> wrote:

> For some reason when I'm monitoring the traffic of some of my devices,
> it'll receive a average speed of something like 24k and the graph will
> look just fine.  Then all of a sudden I'll get a surge of traffic for
> 490k and my chart goes empty.  Is there away to crop those surges so that
> all I can read my charts again?  Thanks!

So .. If I understand: You have a (example) T-1. Most of the time, you only
use 128k of it. So most of the time, the graphs look 'full'. All of a
sudden, you use the full capacity for 30 minutes. So now all of a sudden,
your graphs look like a 50 foot brick wall in the middle of the flatlands?

I'm guessing (and the experts could confirm) you COULD use maxbytes or
maxbits to max the value at say 128k. Again, I'm no expert, but this sounds
like it would work, and would be what it sounds like you want..

Evan