[mrtg] filters

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Feb 9 18:08:52 MET 2004

I'm fiddling with filters in mrtg 2.10.5  and ran into an anomaly:
if I don't specify a filter, interfaces that are down are not placed in
my config, due to a template that tests $problem_lines.

If I specify a filter of --if-filter='not $is_ciscovlan', then the Cisco
VLAN interface is removed, but all of the interfaces that are
operationally (or administratively) down are added to the config.

If I specify a filter of --if_filter='not is_ciscovlan && $if_oper',
then the Cisco VLAN interface gets added back in along with all of the
interfaces (including those operationally down).

Has anyone fiddled around to get the proper combination?

--
Daniel J McDonald <dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com>
Austin Energy