[mrtg] Confusion regarding kMG

Manny Ortega aortega at univ-wea.com
Tue Feb 10 20:52:17 MET 2004

This is what the "Configuration File Format" says:
__________________
kMG
Change the default multiplier prefixes (,k,M,G,T,P). In the tag ShortLegend
define only the basic units. Format: Comma seperated list of prefixed. Two
consecutive commas or a comma at start or end of the line gives no prefix on
this item. Note: If you do not want prefixes, then leave this line blank.

Example: velocity in nm/s (nanometers per second) displayed in nm/h.

 ShortLegend[ezwf]: m/min
 kMG[ezwf]: n,u,m,,k,M,G,T,P
 options[ezwf]: perhour
___________________

I am graphing the number of viruses received; since the Mydoom virus hit us,
the virus count is over thirty thousand.
I'm trying to make MRTG show the exact number of viruses and this is what I
have in my config file:

MaxBytes[houweb1.virus]: 999999
kMG[houweb1.virus]: ,,,,,

When I have this setup, I see the actual (exact) number of viruses, which is
31903 as of this writing and the Y-axis shows only the number 32.0 but I get
an error in my log file.
When I comment out the kMG line (or leave it blank) I see 32.0k on the
Y-axis graph and the current output is 32k viruses
I want to see the exact number of viruses and I have tried different
variations of the kMG line:

kMG[houweb1.virus]: ,,,,,
kMG[houweb1.virus]: ,,

Those two variations above work, I see the actual number of viruses except
that I get the following error in my log file:

2004-02-10 13:20:45 -- Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at mrtg line
871.

Here is my config file BTW:
Title[houweb1.virus]:MailMarshal:Engine\Viruses Detected
Pagetop[houweb1.virus]: <H1>MailMarshal:Engine\Viruses Detected</H1>
RouterUptime[houweb1.virus]: community at ipaddress
MaxBytes[houweb1.virus]: 999999
kMG[houweb1.virus]: ,,
Options[houweb1.virus]: gauge, nopercent, integer
Target[houweb1.virus]: `perl getlog.pl c:\perflogs\HOUWEB1_virus.csv
"\\houweb1\MailMarshal:Engine\Viruses  Detected"`
YLegend[houweb1.virus]: Viruses
ShortLegend[houweb1.virus]:&nbsp;Viruses
LegendO[houweb1.virus]:MM Engine:&nbsp;
LegendI[houweb1.virus]:
Legend2[houweb1.virus]:Number of Viruses
Legend1[houweb1.virus]:

And here is the page: http://houweb1.univ-wea.com/MRTG/houweb1.virus.html
You can currently see the exact number of viruses, but I get errors in my
log file.
Is there any way I can see the exact number and not generate errors in my
log file?

Thanks.

-MannyO