[mrtg] Re: Monitoring traffic on modem cable behind DOCSIS and Terayon Gateway

Cristian Piatnitchi cristip at rogers.com
Fri Feb 13 13:37:05 MET 2004

Hi

Here in Canada the IP you get corresponds to a DNS records like this

CPE0007952497b4-CM400049186934.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com

You may easily see that the CPE means Customer Premise Equipment
And CM = Cable Modem. It never changes !! (the numbers are the MAC
addresses of the devices
The NIC card and the modem) The IP does.
Try to use this DNS name.

Please could you tell me how would you access the SNMP and the modem if
the modem is not under your management ?

HTH
Cristian