[mrtg] Need four variables?

markcapelle at pcmc.com markcapelle at pcmc.com
Tue Feb 17 16:09:16 MET 2004

I recently decided to rebuild my MRTG box.  Of course I also put the latest
version of MRTG on it.  After transferring my config files from the old
version to the new and firing off MRTG, I saw tons of errors.  After some
research, it looks like MRTG *requires* 4 variables to be returned to it
where the older versions only needed one (or so it seemed as a lot of the
programs I wrote to return information only returned one number).  Is this
true?  Is there a way to modify the behavior of MRTG to not care about the
SysName and Uptime vars like in the older versions or am I just out of
luck?

Mark Capelle

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail may contain trade secrets or
privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have
received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review,
copying or distribution of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please inform the sender immediately and destroy the original
transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.