[mrtg] --ifref issue

William Owen William.Owen at ProfilesInternational.com
Tue Feb 17 16:14:48 MET 2004

I'm running MRTG on Win2k3 Server with:
Active State Perl 5.8.0 build 806
MRTG 2.10.13
RRDTool 1.0.46
14all.cgi v1.1 p25

Most all of my graphs generate correctly and pages display nicely.  My issue
is that I have one box that I host multiple internal sites on.  Every time I
host a site that requires a dedicated IP address, the instance numbers of
the interfaces shift and I get nulls back on my graph.  Reading the
documentation, it sounds as though I should be able to generate my config
files using the --ifref=eth to lock it down to the MAC address instead of
the interface instance (--ifref=nr).  When this is done though, I still end
up with a config file that uses the interface instance.

1.  Is there some trick or known issue with cfgmaker that would cause this
behavior?
Or
2.  How do I manually alter the config file to use a MAC instead of
interface instance?

D:\MRTG\MRTG\bin>Perl cfgmaker community at router --ifref=eht --ifdesc=descr
--subdirs=HOSTNAME --output=test.cfg

William T. Owen, CCNA
Profiles International, Inc.
(254) 715-1644 ext: 163
William.Owen at ProfilesInternational.com