[mrtg] MRTG on Netware

Mark Smith Mark.Smith at dataIP.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 16:55:22 MET 2004

Hi,
I am new to this list, only recently investigating MRTG. I have searched the archives but not found the answer to my question...

I do have MRTG running on a Windows box, and am also installing on a Linux box.... no problem so far. What I want to do is RUN it on a Netware box.... has anyone successfully achieved this?
[Reason: I have a NW6.0 box with a constant CPU load of only 2%... it just acts as a gateway/router/firewall/proxy/web server, and would like this to be obtaining and analysing all of the SNMP data]

I have Perl 5.8.0 running on Netware 6.0

MRTG copied to:                               SYS:\MRTG
Output required to:                          SYS:\Novonyx\suitespot\docs\MRTG and this is in the .cfg file
The environment variable set as:     env PERL_ROOT = SYS:\MRTG\bin
Program started as:                          perl sys:\MTRG\bin\mrtg --logging=eventlog sys:\MRTG\bin\mrtg.cfg

The program errors out with:           Use of uninitialized value in split as sys:\perl\lib/Spec/Win32.pm line 107.

Okay, so the Perl must be thinking its a Windows box. I guess the OS selection part is not functioning as desired for this platform.  Is it as simple as modding the OS detection part, or is the base OS choice throughout the code?

Any comments that may help?

Regards,
Mark