[mrtg] Pb with the Forks option

Lionel David Lionel.David at rap.prd.fr
Thu Feb 19 17:41:34 MET 2004

Hello list,

I'm new in using mrtg. I've installed the latest version the last week
on a sun solaris 8. My question is about the "Forks" option that I've
introduced in my configuration file.

With the options below :

RunAsDaemon: yes
Interval: 5

For a hundred targets the mrtg process spends approximately 3 minutes in
using 80% of the station cpu. So for have a smaller period, I decided to
use the "Forks" options...the mrtg process should be faster.

With "Forks: 4",

The process "../mrtg-2/bin/mrtg conf.cfg" is duplicated four time but
only at the beginning of the mrtg process. After 2-3 seconds there is
only 1 process during all the processus.

Do you know why the Forks option doesn't work during all the process ?

Thanks.

Lionel David.