[mrtg] Re: Permissions?

David Ziemba dziemba at ColoradoCollege.edu
Mon Feb 23 23:35:29 MET 2004

I don't think the filter would be the case with a default install of
FreeBSD 5.

Did you install the pre-packaged ports from the ftp packages dir, or from
you local ports directory?

What versions are you using of perl, png, jpeg, freetype, and gd are you
using?

Did you get those programs from the pre-packaged, or compiled and patched
from source from your /usr/ports?  Did you sync the ports tree with a
FreeBSD cvs server before compiling if from local?

Did you install the UCD-SNMP port?  That might be very beneficial in
diagnosing the problem.  Aside from the server, can you ping the switch?
Same Vlan? Enabled SNMP on the device with specific community?

I run mrtg 2.10.13 with a high degree of success with png-1.2.5_2,
perl-5.6.1_13, jpeg-6b_1, freetype2-2.1.4_1, and gd-1.8.4_6 on FreeBSD
5.2-CURRENT with kernel src last sync'ed with cvs on 22 Jan 04, FWIW.

David