[mrtg] Re: Permissions?

Takumi Yamane yamtak at b-session.com
Tue Feb 24 00:50:24 MET 2004

Hi,

# please place quoted message before your reply > especially M$ users

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:35:29 -0700, "David Ziemba" wrote
in <E49083FFAA8A0C40B2384556591CD8D40CB28A at exchange-c.coloradocollege.
edu>:

> > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:02:04 -0500, "Bigelow, Andrea L." wrote in
> > <E140F7BF5ED11A47AEE830C6FF0FA4C00563ECCE at opc-sec-ex1.sec.gov>:
> > > I'm getting this when I run cfgmaker on a different machine --
> > > SNMP Error: send_query: Operation not permitted
> >
> > I'm not FreeBSD user, but it sounds like packet filtering problem:
>
> I don't think the filter would be the case with a default install of
> FreeBSD 5.

Sorry to bother you, but I never seen this kind of error except
2 occasions:

a) non-privileged(non-root) user trying to bind privileged port (<1024)
b) some kind of packet filter reject(or denied) the packet

> What versions are you using of perl, png, jpeg, freetype, and gd
> are you using?
[snip]

Ah... are you suggesting that it caused by some 'missing/out-of-date
 applications'?
wow, I'm just curious about it.

Regards,
Takumi Yamane <yamtak at b-session.com>