[mrtg] Re: max speed

Fruitman, Corey Corey.Fruitman at allstream.com
Tue Jan 6 21:40:19 MET 2004

The max speed you see on the graph is actually the highest number of bytes per second you've put through the interface for one polling interval -- not the maximum possible throughput on the interface.  So, in your case, you have a 256k pipe, but you've never maxed it out for five minutes.  The highest five minute average you've hit is 193k.

If you're having problems with the percentage throughput, check your MaxBytes variable in MRTG.  Should do the trick.

Corey.