[mrtg] Re: monitoring Gig sub-interfaces on a Cisco 7513

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Jan 8 22:01:40 MET 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 13:56, Patricia A Malinowski wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have searched the MRTG archive and have come across Pauls note from 12/2000, regarding monitoring sub-interfaces on a Cisco 7206.
> http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg09383.html
> Daniel replied stating Cisco had not created mibs for sub-interface monitoring and to use CAR.

Actually, CAR won't work, for much the same reason...  I filed a second
bug with Cisco on CAR not working.

>   Has there been any activity or response from Cisco?

Yes, they integrated this into the 12.2T train and some of the E trains.

>   Is anyone monitoring sub interfaces on a Cisco 7000 series?
I don't have one here to check.  But what version of code are you
running (on the router)?  Newer code should work fine, assuming it is
not stuck in an ancient train.

>   Or monitoring VLAN stats for a Gig sub-interface?
Yes, on my 6500 and 3550/3750 platforms, and on Pix 525's, and...
> If so, can you forward the MIB and the OID you are using.
same as any other - Cisco just added the ifIndex values.

> We (Georgetown University) removed our ATM connections and applied/moved to Gig.
> Now my graphs are flat lining.

Did you re-run cfgmaker after making the change?

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE 2495, CNX
Austin Energy