[mrtg] monitoring Gig sub-interfaces on a Cisco 7513

Patricia A Malinowski pam43 at georgetown.edu
Thu Jan 8 20:56:59 MET 2004

Hello all,

I have searched the MRTG archive and have come across Pauls note from 12/2000, regarding monitoring sub-interfaces on a Cisco 7206.
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg09383.html
Daniel replied stating Cisco had not created mibs for sub-interface monitoring and to use CAR.  Has there been any activity or response from Cisco?  Is anyone monitoring sub interfaces on a Cisco 7000 series?  Or monitoring VLAN stats for a Gig sub-interface?  If so, can you forward the MIB and the OID you are using.
 I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer!! Thanks!!
We (Georgetown University) removed our ATM connections and applied/moved to Gig.  Now my graphs are flat lining.  If anyone can shed some light on this and help, I'd greatly appreciate this.

http://www.georgetown.edu/uis/services/outages/network.status.html

Thanks.

-Patricia