[mrtg] about the begining

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Jan 11 16:43:18 MET 2004

Hi,

i used to watch my internet bandwidth in other server whitch had
running mrtg.. that server is
very often down.. so i'd like to make MRTG work on my own server..
I use debian distribution, i've installed mrtg using apt-get...
i try to configure it by using
perl /usr/bin/cfgmaker public@$2 --global "workdir: /var/www/html/mrtg/$$1" --output /etc/mrtg/$1.cfg
i get error :

--base: Get Device Info on public at public@:
Error:
  can't resolve "" to IP address
 at /usr/share/perl5/SNMP_util.pm line 423
SNMPWALK Problem for public at public@:
 at /usr/bin/cfgmaker line 712
darius:/etc/cricket#

I am new in configuration mrtg... can you help me what to do (i have
2 LAN cards. One is used by connecting to internet, other is even not
configuret, becouse i think about charing internet later)?
In all turtorials this line is writen, so i can't to go further in
configuration...

----
Darius