[mrtg] Trouble with OID on Solaris

Nick Trenary nick at mail.crlibrary.org
Thu Jan 15 20:22:58 MET 2004

I'm trying to graph the free memory on a Sun Sunfire 150 running Solaris
9.  I performed a walk and found this OID:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.12.2.2.12.6.4.  I have tried a few techniques to get this
to work but no luck.  MRTG is running on a Win2k box.  It is operating
correctly, SNMP is running correctly on Solaris too, I can get network
traffic stats on MRTG from it.  Each time I run the .cfg file I receive an
error status message of noSuchName, followed by other text.  What am I missing?

----
Nick Trenary
Computer Information Systems Analyst
<http://www.crlibrary.org/>Cedar Rapids Public Library