[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Room Temperature with Temptrax

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sat Jan 17 14:10:56 MET 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 11:43:27PM -0000, Johnston Michael J Contr AFRL/DES wrote:
> Does anyone out there monitor theirs server rooms with a Temptrax Ethernet
> monitoring device?  If so, what script did you happen to use?  I'm using a
> script that I found for MRTG and the Temptraxe, but it turns only one value
> which causes my MRTG to throw the " Expected a Number for 'out' but nothing'
> " error.

It shouldn't be hard to either
- adapt the script so that it writes more lines
or
- write a wrapper around the script that does this in stead

The wrapper just calls the original script and duplicates the
value, thus providing a number for 'out'.  MRTG calls the wrapper.

I'm not sure about the following three statements:

- Missing lines are not a problem for earlier MRTG versions
- Missing 3rd and 4th line are not a problem for your current
  version of MRTG, but a missing 2nd line is
- Later versions of MRTG _may_ force you to return all 4 lines

So, if you're going to change the script or write a wrapper for it,
it is probably best to do it the right way and return all four lines
despite the fact that _currently_ two is enough.

HTH
Alex
--
begin  sig