[mrtg] Re: Inconsistant graphs that seem to disagree with rrd data

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Jan 20 23:52:27 MET 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 04:18:35PM +0000, Jim Mozley wrote:

>             . No changes have been made to the configuration. The only
> think I can think that was different to the norm was that the interfaces
> were passing a constant volume of data, rather than the usual varying
> traffic.

If you mean ___*really*___ constant, this usually is a sign that MRTG
was unable to read the remote device _and_ that you have no "UnknAsZero"
option set.

When monitoring resumes, the gap in time is filled with the rate at
that time, resulting in a somewhat large amount of time having the
same rate.

This does not explain any of the other problems you describe but I'd
like to let you know anyway.

HTH
Alex
--