[mrtg] Problem with graphs

Guidescape guidescape at chilitech.net
Wed Jan 21 14:27:01 MET 2004

Hi,
I'm having an issue with 'down spikes'  You can see an example here:
http://www.matthoppes.org/example.png

This is happening at the same time across all 3 of my routers except
one.   The one that is not having an issue is the one that all of my
SNMP requests to the OTHER 3 routers need to go through.

They are all cisco routers, and the issue has just recently started...
to my knowledge there is no SNMP throtteling or anything going on on the
routers, I've checked the config.   Sometimes it will be fine for hours,
othertimes it will take a dive several times in one hour.

This is what I get on the MRTG console:

SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "xxxxxx.chilitech.net" [65.165.xx.xx].xxx)
    community: "xxxxxx"
    request ID: 510344354
    PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
    timeout:  2s
    retries: 5
    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for ifInOctets.2 ifOutOctets.2 sysUptime sysName on
xxxxx at xxxxxx.chilitech.net
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''
WARNING: Expected a number but got ''

Any ideas?